“Quinoa is not a grain- it is a seed. Which means it’s high in protein & fiber and provides balanced energy and satiety. One cup of quinoa has about as much protein as two deli slices of chicken breast, or about 15 percent protein by weight!” -AKT Trainer, Tera-Lee Brown
-1 cup dry quinoa
-1 &1/2 cups low sodium vegetable stock/broth
-1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
-1/3 cup chopped pecans
-1/3 cup dried cranberries
-1/3 cup of Garbanzo beans
-2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lg. lemon)
-2 Tbsp. Olive oil
-Fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Place Quinoa in medium sauce pot with the stock/broth.
2. Cover the pot, bring to a full boil, then reduce to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Combine all other elements in a bowl. Pour on top of quinoa and mix together.
5. Cover and chill in the fridge. ENJOY!