AKT Trainer Ariel Hoffman loves to make this easy meal from Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo:
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 lb. lemon sole, or other white fish, or substitute salmon (thawed if previously frozen)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or melted butter
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to a low broil setting.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the macadamia nuts, lemon zest, black pepper and sea salt (to taste). Set aside.
Place the sole on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil, then top evenly with butter or coconut oil and nut/zest topping.
Place the fish in the broiler and cook approximately 8 minutes or until opaque white all the way through and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.
Pairs well with mixed greens with roasted sliced beets, tangerine segments, and homemade balsamic vinaigrette.