Now that the show is over, we thought we’d share the plan we encourage the AKT community to follow. We don’t do the diet thing. Instead, we encourage a healthy lifestyle because, as Anna says, “Any extreme dieting will lead to extreme failure. Extreme diets are impossible to maintain.” She encourages everyone to “find your balance with pure and healthy foods that cannot sit on a shelf or refrigerator for over a week without spoiling.” That’s a good starting point. For more, we have all our guidelines from Anna and our resident nutrition expert, Safia Morsly-Fikai. See the Anna Kaiser-approved plan below.
- Limit refined sugar as much as possible.
- Have a protein based snack after a high intensity workout, such as a green smoothie or hummus with veggies.
- Stick to a plant based diet with healthy organic animal protein or wild caught fish. Try your best to keep your produce organic and seasonal.
- Incorporate nuts and seeds (such as chia, hemp, and flaxseed) as often as possible.
- Avoid processed or packaged foods.
- Learn to read labels. If you can’t pronounce or easily identify an ingredient, you probably don’t want to eat it.
- Drink room temperature water first thing in the morning and stay hydrated all day.
- Reduce alcohol to a minimum.
- It’s okay to treat yourself every once in a while! Enjoy it, and make sure to get in a workout before or after (or both).
The workout plan:
- Try to work out 3-4x per week. There are 168 hours in every week and most of us spend the majority of those hours in a chair or a bed. Make it a priority to get up and MOVE at least 3 hrs a week.
- Workouts should include strength, cardio, and flexibility.
- Workouts don’t have to be an hour! Try 10, 20, or 30 min options on our Streaming Service.
- Get a heart rate monitor so you will know how hard you are pushing yourself at home. Learn more about heart rate from Anna in this video.
- Workouts should be FUN! The more you enjoy it, the more likely you are to do it. Try one of these: Seated Arm Workout, Cardio Dance Routine with the AKTeam.
- If you need more motivation, community helps. Get your friends in on the healthy fun, make a workout buddy at your gym. The more, the merrier!
- Be proud of yourself every step of the way!
You can’t get results without proper nutrition and exercise, both components are absolutely necessary.
If you feel like you need more help navigating the nutrition side of things, take a look at our nutritive offerings. If you want more personal support with an exercise plan, try private training. For an all-inclusive package, try our AKTransformation program!