FACT: If you only have nutritious food options in your house, you’re going to eat better. What are some things you should always have in your kitchen for optimal health? We asked our health coach, Safia, for a list. She broke it down into a top 10.
- Greens: kale, spinach, arugula, spring mix ,etc.
- Seeds: chia, hemp, pumpkin
- Nuts: walnuts, pine nuts, almonds
- A least 2 in-season veggies
- Olive oil
- Brown rice and/or Quinoa
- Canned tuna, go for “light” tuna (it has lower mercury levels) and make sure it’s caught using sustainable methods. For more on finding healthy canned tuna, check out this link.
- One loaf of sprouted grain bread
And this is optional, but who can resist? Almond butter.