Enjoy this delicious & healthy recipe from AKT Nutritive Specialist, Safia Morsly-Fikai. Let us know how it goes!
- 1 cup dry quinoa,
- 2cups vegetable broth or filtered water,
- 2 cups spinach, chopped,
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (chick peas),
- 1 cup grape tomatoes,
- halved, 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped,
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped,
- 10 kalamata olives, halved,
- 1Tbs.fresh basil, chopped,
- 1Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped,
- 1Tbs. fresh oregano, chopped,
- 1⁄4 cup hemp seeds,
- 5 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil,
- 5 Tbsp. red wine vinegar,
- 1 Tbs. dijon mustard,
- celtic sea salt and ground pepper to taste,
- 1⁄4 crumbled feta cheese (optional)
1) In a saucepan, combine quinoa and vegetable broth/water. Bring to a boil.
2) Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until quinoa softens and liquid evaporates — about 15-20 minutes. Once all the water has absorbed and it is light and fluffy, remove from heat and let it come to room temperature.
3) Once all the water has absorbed and it is light and fluffy, remove from heat and let it come to room temperature.
4) Place in a large bowl.
1) In a large bowl, add the spinach, chick peas, tomatoes, red pepper, onion, olives, and herbs.
2) Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper together and pour half the mixture on top of the veggies.
3) Add the cooled quinoa, remaining olive oil, and lemon juice and mix through evenly.
4) Sprinkle the hemp seeds over the top and loosely stir through.
5) Whisk together extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until you get a light and creamy consistency.
6) Add more water if it’s sticking together or too tangy.