We encourage everyone to cut their sugar intake as much as possible because it has no nutritional benefits. Plain and simple, it does your body more harm than good.
A few of the negative effects from sugar include:
- headaches and migraines
- tooth decay
- suppressed immune system
- high cholesterol
- fluid retention
- inflammation (which is bad for everything!)
- premature aging
These are a just a few of the risks that come with sugar, not to mention the big ones, which include increased risk for diabetes, obesity, fatty liver disease, Osteoporosis, and many other diseases.
Sugar also goes by many different names. Be on the lookout for these names on labels, and avoid them as much as possible:
Want some tips for cutting your sugar habit? AKT’s Health & Wellness Coach, Safia Morsly-Fikai, has got you covered.
5 Ways to Conquer Sugar Cravings:
- Limit or eliminate caffeine to reduce blood sugar swings
- You could be dehydrated. Drink water. Skip juice.
- Eat sweet vegetables and fruits
- Get more sleep (Sleep deprivation seeks easy energy in the form of SUGAR)
- Spice it up. Use coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and cardamom to sweeten foods