Try this mouthwatering summer salad recipe from AKT Health & Wellness Coach, Safia Morsly-Fikai.
- 1 small or ½ large watermelon, cut into chunks
- 2 just-ripe avocados, cut into chunks
- 1 shallot, thinly chopped
- 10 to 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tablespoon of roasted pine nuts
- 1 Teaspoon chia seeds
- juice and finely grated zest of 2 lemons or limes
- 1 teaspoon very finely chopped red chili (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
- a small handful of basil leaves, torn roughly
- Place watermelon, avocado, shallot and tomatoes in a bowl and toss gently. Pile onto a serving platter, sprinkle with lime or lemon juice and zest, chili, if using, pine nuts, chia seeds and salt and pepper. Top with basil leaves.
- Watermelon + Avocado Salad can be prepared in advance, covered, and refrigerated for up to 4 hours until needed.