This beautiful and delicious carrot ginger soup is our top pick for cold and flu season!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh ginger*
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped (baby carrots are also fine)
- 32 oz vegetable stock
- 1 14oz can of coconut cream
- ½ tsp salt + more to taste
- Begin be heating up a large skillet to medium high heat. Melt the coconut oil.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until fragrant and onion is almost clear, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and vegetable stock, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until carrots are nice and soft, about 25 minutes. Slowly stir in coconut cream.
- Blend soup until smooth. Add salt to taste. Serve hot!